WHY DO WE AT DIVINEBUGS CHOOSE ORGANIC COTTON TO MAKE OUR T-SHIRTS, SWEATSHIRTS AND DRESSES WITH BUGS?
Organic cotton is a fabric that is obtained from non-genetically modified cotton seeds. Genetically modified seeds are never used.
- Compared to other materials in the textile industry, organic cotton is one of the most environmentally friendly and harmless materials.
- The production of organic cotton uses less energy.
- The production of organic cotton releases fewer greenhouse gases.
- No GMO seeds are used, so the soil is improved and uses significantly less water.
- For conventional cotton, GMO seeds that are resistant to bugs are used in production. However, when the bugs arrive, which are stronger, it is necessary to spray the crop with pesticides.
- No pesticides or other harmful chemicals are used in the production of organic cotton.
- Because pesticides and chemicals are not used, the local population is not poisoned by water sources and the environment in which they live. It also does not poison the people who pick the cotton.
- Organic cotton is perfect for sensitive skin in general, as well as for skin that is not yet sensitive because it has not been treated with chemicals and pesticides. Over 8,000 synthetic fibers are used in the production of regular cotton. It is even suitable for children and people with eczema, because it does not contain toxins that can irritate the skin!
DivineBugs clothing has the GOTS standard:
GOTS STANDARD, what is it anyway?
The GOTS standard must meet three criteria:
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY RAW MATERIAL FOR PRODUCTS
- Organic materials, minimum 95% organically certified raw materials
- Production must be neutral to the environment, so that it does not only poison it
- Certified raw material suppliers who must meet the criteria
- ENSURING THE ECOLOGICAL BALANCE
- Eco-friendly printing technology
- Minimal consumption of water and chemicals
- Eco packaging and delivery
- STRICT NORMS
- Appropriate color pigments that meet the standard
- High-quality raw material in this case, cotton
- High standards of working conditions
DIVINEBUGS PRODUCTS HAVE ANOTHER STANDARD AND THAT IS OEKO-TEX, WHICH MEANS THAT OUR FABRICS ARE SUITABLE AND SAFE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 3 YEARS OF AGE.
Will the use of organic cotton solve the pollution problem in the textile industry...
probably not completely but we are moving from the motto "HOW TO MAKE MORE MONEY" to the motto "HOW TO DO THINGS BETTER"
However, it is still necessary to take into account that our skin is also our largest organ and that we must carefully choose what we put on it.
Tip: ALWAYS WASH YOUR CLOTHES BEFORE WEARING FOR THE FIRST TIME
The DIVINEBUGS team
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram DIVINEBUGS